2018 VAIS INNOVATION IN EDUCATION AWARD
The theme of the VAIS 2018 Leading Learning Conference is Better Together and will focus on what educators are doing to build connection, cohesion and community in their schools. This year’s innovation in education awards will highlight educators who are building those bridges and inspiring students, teachers, administrators and/or community members to connect anew. Community is essential to education--we learn from one other, we cheer each other on toward success, and we thrive by including others.
Some potential themes that might resonate with an innovative educator, but are not limited to:
- Inclusion, in the classroom, school or curricula
- Innovative technologies connecting students locally and internationally
- Community-building in the classroom, the school and beyond
- Essential skills for future learners in a connected society
- Mentoring programs for new teachers and/or younger students
- Idea-sharing among educators and administrators
- Leveraging community resources, tangible and intangible
To apply for the 2018 Innovation in Education Award: APPLICATION FORM. An
essay (of 750 words or less) will be used to determine the winners of
the awards and those entering must have the support of the current head
of school. This program is open to VAIS educators only. All applications
must be received no later than October 1.
All awards will be announced at the VAIS Leading Learning Conference on Monday, October 29 in Richmond.
The awards are as follows:
One (1) Award for a VAIS Upper School Educator
One (1) Award for a VAIS Middle School Educator
One (1) Award for a VAIS Lower School Educator
Any questions, please contact Kim Failon at email@example.com.