We create opportunities for discovery and reflection by engaging the minds, hands, and hearts of our students.
Miller School of Albemarle (MSA) is a coeducational and college preparatory day and boarding school for grades 8 to 12. Nestled in the rolling hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, MSA has been educating the Minds, Hands, and Hearts of students since 1878. With a visually stunning 1,600-acre campus, MSA offers its 180 students ample opportunity to broaden their intellectual horizons, while gaining life enhancing experience in a wide range of extracurricular activities.
MSA provides a challenging and structured curriculum through which students not only learn their subjects, but also develop a life-long love of learning. This curriculum includes sixteen AP course offerings, and special programs in applied engineering, humanities, and land management. MSA is known for combining academic understanding with practical hands-on experience, so that students gain know-how as well as knowledge. Students participate in year-long community service partnerships on campus and in Charlottesville. MSA offers a broad selection of athletics and afternoon activities.
- We are proud to be a small school where dynamic interactions between our teachers and students flourish into strong mentor-mentee relationships.
- We offer a challenging and structured curriculum through which students not only learn, but love to learn.
- Our teachers excel at sharing their expertise with enthusiasm.
- We bridge academic understanding with practical hands-on experience so that students gain knowledge as well as know-how.
- We inspire students through experiences, where what they study comes to life and what they know can impact the world around them.
- With many student-initiated and student-run programs, our students have a hand in shaping the culture of the school.
- We believe excellence can take many forms and the first step toward excellence is discovering your passion.
- We encourage our students to shine as concerned leaders and devoted team players through civic-minded programs built on cornerstones of Honor and Service.
- With vibrant diversity, we come together in genuine fellowship. Our culture of respect empowers our students to become intelligent, brave, and just citizens.
WATCH NOW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT: