The mission of St. Andrew's School is to transform lives by providing quality, progressive education to children from families with limited financial resources through a full scholarship for every child.
St. Andrew’s School is founded in the belief that every person should have access to high-quality education, and that social justice and equity in early childhood education sets children up for success in life.
We embrace children as whole people, allowing students and their families to actively participate in the learning process. In this way, children can share who they are, learn about others, and take those relationships and nurture their needs, their present, and their future.
• Founded in 1894 by Richmond philanthropist Grace Arents
• Located in Oregon Hill, Richmond
• Offers grades K-5 (96 students)
• Maximum class size of 16
• Extended school year (1,400 hours vs. traditional 990 hours)
• Extended school day (8am-4pm)
• Utilizes whole-child teaching approach